Monday, March 25, 2013

25 March 2013 - Aurora Shady Glen Tourist Park, Darwin, Northern Territory


There are murmurings that the monsoon may come yet, bringing much needed rains by the end of the week, and hints that a cyclone might form over the Arafura Sea. It was partly this that prompted me to spend the morning in the laundry, juggling drying washing on the line in anticipation of the afternoon showers and storms. The whole business could have been a lot more relaxing because as I update this late in the afternoon, the sun is still shining and the daily rain has not come.

We popped out after lunch, back across to Casuarina where I had my hair cut. Chris is not at all impressed with the handiwork of the Filipino hairdresser, however I cannot see the back of my “mannish” cut. I am simply happy to have a weight off my scalp.

Returning to camp, we swam in the lovely camp pool then happily caught up with Kit on Skype. He, of all our children, is the most elusive, preferring to leave family correspondence matters to his wife in a male fashion that is, alas, all too common. An excellent end to a quiet day; a pile of dry washing and a satisfied mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment