Friday, July 20, 2012

20 July 2012 - Harbour City Holiday Park, Coffs Harbour, NSW


Somewhere in our travels today, I lost my watch. It just fell off my wrist! I am not happy, which is a real shame given that the rest of the day, while bitsy and filled with shopping and walking was really quite pleasant. It is not a terribly valuable watch but was given to me as a birthday gift some years ago by my beloved, hence my distress and anger.

During our walk into the town centre to check unsuccessfully for mail at the post office, we visited the Coffs Harbour Regional Art Gallery. There we viewed works by three separate artists and while we agreed that two of them definitely had skill, we also agreed that we could have easily given the gallery a miss.

Sadly the Regional Museum is still under repair from past flood damage; we would hope that would be more of a draw card to future tourists.

We have extended our stay here beyond the initial couple of days, and in doing so loose our discount but gain a free day. Being so central means that the Pacific Highway is close by; today we found the convenience excellent as we darted from one end of the town making enquiries about this and that. Which also means that my watch could be just anywhere! Oh woe is me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment